Our FREE #SpeedPuzzling2021 contest is ongoing! See the top pinned FB announcement here to see how it works and how to join in.
- Time yourself completing a puzzle of any piece count.
- Complete the Google form to enter the puzzle and completion time info.
Get excited...there are many more Speed Puzzling contests on the way!
- 10/30/21: Speed Puzzling # 035 (for parent/child 12 and under). Register here.
- 10/30/21: Speed Puzzling # 036. Including 500-piece individual divisions for beginners and competitors, and 1000-piece divisions for pairs or quads. Register here.
- 11/13/21: Speed Puzzling # 037 (for Groupies). Annual Groupies are registered automatically; become a monthly Groupie by choosing the appropriate month at the bottom of the Store here.
- 11/13/21: Speed Puzzling # 038 (for Minnesotans only). Register here.
- 11/20/21: Speed Puzzling # 039. Including 500-piece individual divisions for beginners and competitors, and 1000-piece divisions for pairs or quads. Register here.
- 12/4/21: Speed Puzzling # 040 (for Groupies). Annual Groupies are registered automatically; become a monthly Groupie by choosing the appropriate month at the bottom of the Store here.
- 12/11/21: Speed Puzzling # 041. Our 2nd-ever Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle contest, featuring an unreleased Anthology Puzzle! Register on their website here.
How do Speed Puzzling contests work?
- Anyone in the USA can participate in our LIVE Zoom events. With enough lead time (3-4+ weeks), we also ship anywhere in the world. International puzzlers pay for the additional shipping. So far, we have shipped to Canada, the UK, Sweden, Australia, and UAE.
- Click on the registration link and purchase the desired contest(s). Your payment covers the cost of the puzzle, shipping, sales tax, and participation in the Zoom contest event.
- About 2 weeks before the event date, we ship the undisclosed puzzle in a poly mailer or box. Contestants keep the shipping package sealed until told to open it--together with the rest of the puzzlers on the Zoom call.
- A day or two before the contest, we email each puzzler a Zoom link with instructions on camera setup, etc.
- On the contest day, at the assigned check-in time, puzzlers join the Zoom meeting using the emailed link.
- The judges check each puzzler's camera angle and unopened puzzle package. Brief instructions are given, and then all puzzlers unwrap their puzzle boxes together.
- We'll count down "3, 2, 1, GO!" (starting the timers on "GO"), and everyone puzzles simultaneously. We basically follow the USA JPA rules and procedures, found here.
- The first individual/team to finish WINS!
- After the contest is over, judges verify all entries and post the rankings, names, and completion times of all participants.
- Prizes are sent to the winners of each division.
Other Speed Puzzling guidelines/considerations:
- Not available on the contest date/time? If you have a schedule conflict that prevents you competing, you may compete offline if you let us know in advance. Email us at email@example.com for offline puzzling details.
- Nervous about competing against puzzle ninjas? We usually offer an individual division for beginners. Also, you can get a good idea where you might finish by trying a puzzle previously used in our contests. Check out our Results page to see all previous puzzles/times/rankings.
- What puzzling tools are allowed for a contest? Scissors/blades, sorting trays, and box top holders are allowed. Other tools (spatulas, magnifying glasses, cell phone cameras) are NOT.
- We promote friendly competition! Let's build this group and encourage each other's progress.
- Please let us know how we can improve your competition experience.