Are you ready to join a nationwide puzzle relay race? Here's how it works:
- By March 12th, one unpublished MicroPuzzle will be sent to the first selected Speed Puzzler in each of the 50 US States.
- Every puzzler will make a time-lapse video, timing their first attempt completing the puzzle alone. (If you don't have time-lapse video capabilities, please take a photo of the completed puzzle).
- Each participant is encouraged to post the video and/or photo (without disclosing the completion time), using all 3 of these hashtags: #MicroPuzzles #MacroJourney #SpeedPuzzling2021.
- They'll submit their entries to this form and hand the puzzle off (or send it in the mail) to the next selected puzzler within the same state.
- The next puzzler will repeat steps 2-4 as quickly as possible, until the 50 days of the contest are over.
- EVERY participant from the state with the most unique entries submitted by April 30th will receive $10 off our May 8th MicroPuzzle Speed Puzzling contest!
#MicroPuzzles #MacroJourney FAQ
- How do I get selected to participate? Go to the Jigsaw Puzzle Contests FB group's announcement here, and add your state and zip code to that post's comments. Then send a DM/PM to Jonathan Cluff with your shipping address. You'll be added to the list!
- Why do we have to publicize our ZIP code? We want our group members to be able to benefit from swapping puzzles as much as possible. Speed puzzlers tend to burn through a LOT of puzzles, which can get expensive if nobody nearby can swap.
- How much will it cost me to participate? If you can hand off the puzzle to the next participant in person, NOTHING! If you need to mail it, postage should be under $5.
- Will there be a prize for the fastest individual puzzler? Since everyone will be puzzling at different times, not for this event. This contest is about the quantity, not the quality, of the Speed Puzzlers! :)
- What if a piece is missing when I receive the puzzle? We encourage everyone to be as careful with these puzzles as possible. If a piece or two comes up missing along the way, please let us know, but send it along anyway! These contest puzzles are NOT eligible for MicroPuzzles' puzzle insurance.
- How will we know how our times rank? After the contest ends, we will post complete results by state.
- What if I want to participate, but I don't live in the USA? Stay tuned for round 2, coming up in a few months!
- If I need to mail the puzzle, what's the best/cheapest way to ship it? Use a padded envelope at least 4" by 6", and ship it with USPS First Class mail. We recommend using PirateShip.com for the best rates.
- What happens to each puzzle at the end of the contest? If you are the last person in your state with the puzzle, we will let you know where to send it.